Are you between 18 and 35 years old and have experience or strong interest in bioeconomy and/or bioeconomy related fields (food systems, forestry, climate change…)? Would you like to contribute to the sustainable and circular transition of Europe?
Apply by 13 June – 11:59PM CET to join the Bioeconomy Youth Ambassadors programme to:
- lead by example, inform and inspire others about sustainable and circular bioeconomy
- reach out to communities, students and civil society, and to engage decision-makers
- work with social media to raise awareness about the role of the bioeconomy in everyone’s life
- raise awareness for the bioeconomy especially in youth communities, support the ongoing youth and education related processes of the European Union
What is the role of Ambassadors?
Youth Ambassadors lead by example, inform and inspire their communities on sustainable circular bioeconomy and bioeconomy related-fields (e.g. food systems, forestry, agriculture, fisheries, bio-based sectors, nature-based solutions, blue bioeconomy, rural development, ecosystem services, climate change, biotechnology…).
They are dedicated individuals or groups of individuals eager to reach out to communities, students and civil society, and to engage decision-makers, and raise awareness on social media to raise awareness about the role of the bioeconomy in everyone’s life.
They reach out to youth communities and support the ongoing youth and education related processes of the European Union.
What concrete activities are Ambassadors expected to undertake?
Bioeconomy Youth Ambassadors are expected to undertake a term of up to two years.
The Ambassadors will:
- Participate in the Summer Camp on 25-27 July 2022 in Brussels.
The Ambassadors will participate in training (EU bioeconomy and communication and outreach activities), plan their future activities as Bioeconomy Ambassadors and begin to work on different sessions of the high-level Bioeconomy Conference.
- Take part in the high-level Bioeconomy Conference on 6-7 October 2022 in Brussels.
Support the European Commission in designing the content for the sessions and contribute to the session introductions and conclusions.
Learn more here here.