With the UfM Grant Scheme for employment promotion – Regional response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the UfM is actively supporting non-profit organizations in the Mediterranean that work to give people opportunities in view of the COVID-19-induced economic crisis. It focuses on projects that enable people to find jobs, continue to gain a living and improve their work and living conditions. At the same time, we seek to support projects that encourage entrepreneurship and improve the business climate for Micro-, Small and Medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) as crucial providers of employment in the Mediterranean region.
Priority 1: Improving the economic resilience of citizens, especially vulnerable demographic groups, through employment- related capacity development.
Priority 2: Promoting new channels of training and skills attainment in order to foster employability and economic activity.
Priority 3: Supporting entrepreneurial activity and building the capacities of MSMEs to enable income generation and job creation.
Who can apply?
- A legal person (non-governmental organization, public sector operator, local authority)
- Be established in the UfM Region
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action, not acting as an intermediary
You can apply for funds between 100.000 and 300.000 Euro.
- For any grant requested under this call for proposals for an amount between EUR 100.000 and EUR 149.999: The grant can account for between 50% and 90% of the total eligible costs of the action.
- For any grant requested under this call for proposals for an amount between EUR 150.000 and EUR 300.000: The grant can account for between 50% and 80% of the total eligible costs of the action.
Additionally, becoming a grantee gives you access to the UfM’s technical expertise, networking opportunities and visibility.
Your initiative has to be implemented between December 2020 – November 2021.
Deadline to apply: 29/10/2020 (15h)
Further information: https://ufmsecretariat.org/grant-scheme-2020/