We are pleased to bring to your attention relevant information regarding 12 open Horizon Europe calls related to the EU Mission Restore Our Ocean and Waters, launched under the EU’s programming period 2021-2027 :
Mission Restore our Ocean and Waters will pursue ambitious objectives to tackle the most pressing issues faced by our Oceans and Seas:
- Protect and restore marine and freshwater ecosystems and biodiversity, in line with the EU Biodiversity Strategy 2030;
- Prevent and eliminate pollution of our ocean, seas, and waters, in line with the EU Action Plan Towards Zero Pollution for Air, Water and Soil;
- Make the sustainable blue economy carbon-neutral and circular, in line with the proposed European Climate Law and the holistic vision enshrined in the Sustainable Blue Economy Strategy.
The Mission will constitute a joint effort between the EU, its Member States and its partner countries, including funding provided by EU funds and national contributions. For the upscaling and replication in the second phase, additional national, regional and private funding will be mobilised.
Kindly find key details on the 12 open calls here
The deadline for applications is 12 April, 2022.
*The following open calls may be of particular interest to Mediterranean stakeholders :
- Mediterranean sea basin lighthouse - actions to prevent, minimise and remediate litter and plastic pollution
- European Blue Parks
- Underlying models for the European Digital Twin Ocean
- Mediterranean sea basin lighthouse – coordination activities
- The relation of young generations with the sea and water: values, expectations, and engagement
- Piloting citizen science in marine and freshwater domains
Eligibility criteria regarding the calls are described here in Annex B of the Work Programme General Annexes.
Finally, kindly find via this link the Implementation Plan of Mission Restore our Ocean and Water.