MedPAN, PIM, WWF Mediterranean, Conservatoire du Littoral
Project led by: MedPAN, Conservatoire du littoral, PIM initiative, WWF Mediterranean.
Financed by: FFEM and co-financing by several other donors.
Overall objective: contribute to the support and
consolidation of the integrated management and resilience process of
Mediterranean coastal, island and marine areas, for the benefit of
ecosystems and local communities, while integrating the challenges of
co-management of targeted territories, in order to reproduce them, in
the long term, on a larger scale.
- Consolidate the pilot initiatives of the previous project and
support new pilot sites for the co-management of coastal, island and
- Strengthen the capacities of institutions, site managers and their partners.
- Develop advocacy and awareness for integrated co-management of territories at the national, regional and international levels.
- Develop and enhance scientific knowledge for management and policy.
- Optimize synergy between partners and coordinate project actions.
The project targets specific pilot sites:
- MOROCCO: Essaouira Archipelago, Djebel Moussa, Al Hoceima National Park et Nador Lagoon
- ALGERIA: Taza National Park, Habibas islands, Gouraya National Park and El Kala National Park
Galite archipelago, Zembra archipelago and Cap Bon Peninsula, Kuriat
islands and Monastir Bay, Gremdi, Roumadiya, Sefnou and satellite
islets, and Tabarka
- ALBANIA: Sazani island, Karaburun-Sazan Marine National Parc and Vlora Bay, Cap Rodonit and Lalzi Bay
- TURKEY: Kaş-Kekova SEPA and Datça Peninsula SEPA
- LEBANON: Palm islands Nature Reserve
- Mediterranean (widespread)
- Researchers and scientists
- Public funding
- Private funding
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Diversification of marine activities
- Education/training networks & jobs
- Fisheries/Marine resources
- Scientific research / technologies / innovation
- Spatial planning/areas management
- Governance and Legislation