Marika Mazzi Boém
The EU WeMED_NaTOUR Project intends to focus on
West Mediterranean natural marine sites and maritime/coastal destinations to
develop responsible and sustainable transnational eco-smart tourism packages
according to the blue economy strategy.
The designed tourism packages will increase the attractiveness of coastal and marine destinations in the participant countries, highlighting their unique value to a broader audience of visitors, with a specific focus of the "new generations" (6-10 yrs; 11-13 yrs; and 14-16 yrs).
The three general objectives of the project:
- To support tourism stakeholders to tap into the growing ecotourism market which is still a niche market with specific reference to coastal and marine destinations.
- To boost innovation and digitalisation in the tourism sector, thus increasing its contribution to economic growth and jobs in the Mediterranean.
- To improve the business environment for tourism SMEs; mobilising
- Mediterranean (widespread)
- General public
- Job seekers/Employers
- Researchers and scientists
- EU Funds
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Diversification of marine activities