Date: January 26, 2021
Place: Online, -
Description of the event:
BlueInvest Awards 2021 will bring 20 of Europe’s top start-ups and SMEs in the Blue Economy to pitch on a virtual stage to a panel of investors and experts.
This year's categories were identified from technologies that had the highest level of interest from impact investors and are priorities for the EU Green Deal.
- Energy from the Ocean. Innovative solutions and technologies in the field of ocean renewable categories.
- Green Shipping Solutions.Next generation technologies, products and solutions in the field of green shipping and smart ports (includes artificial intelligence, robotics, green harbours & terminals, remote sensing and navigation).
- Sustainable Food & Feed from the Ocean. Innovative new food and feed from aquaculture and renewable aquatic biological resource (includes alternative seafood, alternative food & feed, alternative proteins, marine, flora and seaweed).
- Healthy Oceans and Resilient Coasts. New products, technologies, solutions and processes from renewable aquatic biological resources, including packaging and medical/pharmaceuticals.
It shall also cover solutions toward the “greening” of traditional maritime industries, marine litter, circular economy, natural capital/ocean resource management, etc.
Open Call for Pitch Candidates. SMEs and start-ups seeking investment opportunities are welcome to send an Expression of Interest for the BlueInvest Awards.
To be a candidate for the BlueInvest Awards 2021 you must:
- Be part of the BlueInvest Community (on Euroquity) or BlueInvest Project Pipeline or have been selected for BlueInvest Readiness Assistance
- Be based in the EU or majority owned by EU nationals
- Have a working product, technology or solution that is relevant to one of the pitch categories
To apply to pitch at the BlueInvest Awards, send an email to email@example.com and:
- Confirm your interest to pitch for the Awards
- Tell us which category you want to be considered for
- Include the link to your company website
- Send a (preliminary) pitch deck latest by 12:00 noon CET on Friday 8 January
You may send your expression of interest before you send across your pitch deck. All candidates will be notified of the results on Monday 11 January.
Pitches will be live-streamed for maximum exposure to potential clients and partners. The finalists will undergo pitch coaching for a virtual stage prior to the event