Date: October 27, 2020
Place: Online, -
Description of the event:
The International Autumn School will bring together two content areas and two methodologies: oceans, climate change, foresight and participatory simulation
The event is open to all applicants who are ‘Mediterranean stakeholders’, people who, and organizations that, have an interest in planning and acting for the future of the Mediterranean, especially the future as it will be shaped by accelerating global warming and climate change.
Stakeholders may include: Researchers, decision makers, citizens, scientists, students, activists, environmental organizations, NGOs, scientific institutions, local and central government agencies and their representatives, business and industry, local politicians, health, tourism, utilities, military and transport.
The school will be an exciting opportunity for stakeholders to:
- learn about the complexity and interactions related to the climate impacts, human, biological and physical resources, sustainability, policy, governance, ethical dimensions, health issues and cultural diversity of the Mediterranean basin and its coasts under the impact of severe, inevitable global warming, driving climate change;
- become actors in the definition, building and writing of roadmaps of policies and actions that need to be adopted and undertaken to adapt to and mitigate against climate change in the Mediterranean basin;
- become familiar with methodologies, such as issues- and solutions-oriented foresight methods and data-driven, decision-focused, participatory simulation (Companion Modelling), that enable stakeholders to participate creatively, collectively and constructively to unravel the complex web of interrelated issues and to make decisions under conditions of uncertainty;
- engage with, get to know and make friends with fellow stakeholders with a variety of views, problems to solve and solutions to offer;
- break new ground in sharing, creating, learning about and promoting effective ways to engage people and communities to undertake positive action to mitigate and adapt to the ravages of climate change in the Mediterranean.
For detailed information, please visit: https://oceansclimate.wixsite.com/oceansclimate