BLUEBIOMED is one of the two Interreg MED Innovation Strategic Projects funded under Axis 4 (Governance) that promotes the transformation of the Mediterranean Blue Bioeconomy field towards sustainable development through innovation. It supports better governance of innovation policies bridging the transnational governance frameworks active in the Mediterranean area (i.e. UfM, UNEP-MAP, EUSAIR, WestMed, Bluemed Initiative, etc.) with policies at territorial - regional/national – level, assuming the Agenda 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as the common reference grid. The project works in a complementary way with the B-BLUE project focused on building the Blue Biotechnologies community in the Mediterranean.
BLUEBIOMED’s Sounding Board is meant as a body, gathered by BLUE BIO MED, made of the Interreg MED relevant projects as well as representatives of key Mediterranean governance frameworks and initiatives.
The purpose of this first meeting was to formalise the setup of the board by acknowledging its composition, agree with its members on its role, responsibilities and scope of activities, as well as present next steps and upcoming activities. The main activities in which the Board will be involved were also discussed.
The following entities and representatives have been appointed as initial members of the Board:
- Stefano Valentini, Alessandro Daraio, Emmanuel Maniscalco - BLUE BIO MED
- Cristian Chiavetta - B-BLUE
- Alessandra Sensi/Giuseppe Provenzano - Union for the Mediterranean
- Fabio Fava - BLUEMED Initiative GSO Working Group
- Daniele Bosio - Westmed Initiative
- Elodie Nunes - CPMR Intermediterranean Commission
- Céline Dubreuil - Plan Bleu
- Irene Tzouramani - EUSAIR’s Pillar 1 (Blue Growth)
- Tatiana Fernandez - PANORAMED WP10 Innovation (Catalonia Region)
- Caterina Praticò - BLUE GROWTH Thematic Community
More information here.