EMB is looking for two enthusiastic, engaged and creative young ambassadors that are willing to play an important role in advocating for EMB and promoting the societal and political relevance of marine science and the ocean within their own communities, and to a wide diversity of stakeholders. The two new Ambassadors will collaborate and liaise with European Marine Board current Ambassadors and recent Alumni to share experiences and ideas.
The EMB Young Ambassador Programme will:
- challenge you to use and showcase your talent to increase general awareness of marine science and the role of EMB in its promotion;
- enable you to get involved and create momentum around the launch of one of EMB’s strategic publications or events;
- support you in promoting and communicating specific marine science foresight activities;
- enable you to interact directly with scientists and decision-makers from leading European marine science and policy organizations; and
- enable you to liaise with other Young Marine Ambassadors and experts in diverse activities.
The EMB Young Ambassador Programme is open to PhD students or post-doc researchers (up to a maximum of four years post PhD at the time of application) who are able to engage in the EMB Young Ambassador Programme for a period of 2 years and who are willing to use their creativity, imagination, communication, artistic talents, and interpersonal skills to help promote EMB activities and marine science in general.
EMB Young Ambassadors can be stationed inside or outside the EU and can have a background in any aspect related to the marine environment, including natural & socio-economic sciences or science communication. They do not need to be EU citizens, but they do need to have a demonstrable link with an EMB Member Organisation.
All the information regarding the EMB Young Ambassador Programme 2021 is available in this document, and you can also consult the activities of the current Ambassadors here. To apply for the EMB Young Ambassador Programme, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 28 February 2021:
- Your CV;
- The completed application form including a short description on how you believe the ambassadorship could impact your career and what you would contribute to promoting the work of the EMB; and
- A recommendation and/or approval from your supervisor(s) to engage in the EMB Young Ambassador Programme.
Please include in the reference: “EMB Young Ambassador 2021” when sending in your application.
You can find more information here. Or if you want more information on an specific topic you would like to work on you can contact the EMB Secretariat via email@example.com. The applications will be reviewed by the end of March 2021.