WavEC Offshore Renewables is organizing an online course on CFD: CFD FOR SUSTAINABLE OCEAN SOLUTIONS: COURSE I. The course will take place on Februrary 8-11, 2021, sponsored by the University of Tokyo and the University of São Paulo.
The CFD course series will deal with topics as Numerical models, High-Performance-Computing (HPC) and Artificial-Intelligence (AI), focusing on Maritime issues and Ocean sustainability (important fields in the current Industry 4.0 revolution). The course will be lectured by senior experts and highly-skilled PhDs, with solid CFD practitioner and developer backgrounds, as well as up-to-date IT skills, paramount in this digital age.
The course is divided in 4 sessions:
- February 8: Introduction, Basics, Verification & Validation (12h-15h GMT)
- February 9: Turbulence Modelling & Simulation (12h-15h GMT)
- February 10: Free-Surface & Waves (12h-15h GMT)
- February 11: Floating Offshore Wind, Conclusions (12h-15h GMT)
Course 1 will introduce several CFD crucial subjects:
- Basic equations and assumptions
- Existing tools
- Turbulence modelling and simulation
- Free-surface and wave modelling
- Grid methods and motions
- Modern verification and validation.
In terms of applications, the focus will lie on Offshore Wind Energy and related CFD best-practices gathered over the years.
Admissions: The application deadline is February 4, 2021. To register fill the following registration form.
• Students from University of Tokyo and University of São Paulo: Free
• Students: 50 euros
• Others: 200 euros