Date: February 03, 2023 to February 09, 2023
Place: Vancouver Convention Centre, West Building, Vancouver , Canada -
Description of the event:
The Fifth International Marine Protected Areas Congress (IMPAC5) is an opportunity for the global community of marine conservation managers, practitioners and decision makers to exchange knowledge, experience and best practices to strengthen the conservation of marine biodiversity and to protect the natural and cultural heritage of the ocean.
The goals of IMPAC5 are:
- To demonstrate global support for marine conservation efforts such as networks of marine protected areas and marine spatial planning.
- To provide an opportunity to celebrate and galvanize global cooperation in marine conservation.
- To provide an opportunity for countries to come together to chart a course towards a post-2020 biodiversity framework for ocean conservation.
- To showcase the important role of marine protected areas in addressing the climate crisis and conserving biodiversity in a post-pandemic world.
- To share what is uniquely Canadian: the vast marine and coastal environment, the rich diversity of local and Indigenous peoples and coastal cultures, our collective efforts, and our world-class ocean science and management regime.
IMPAC5 will also bring together Indigenous peoples and cultures from around the world to embrace a collaborative approach and learn from Indigenous leadership in ocean conservation. A draft program schedule is available online.
To register click here